Wednesday, February 17, 2010
We got 3 of these stools at a garage sale last spring. We had just purchased our house and needed stools for the counter in the kitchen. But they are so expensive! I spotted these while driving back to work after lunch one afternoon and had to stop. They were only $10, yes $10 dollars, each! We only needed two for the kitchen, so the third is down in our game room in the basement. They also have natural elements, which is how I am going to decorate our kitchen once I get the time to paint. And such a good deal! These would have been waaay more expensive in a store. Gotta love garage sales!
Saturday, February 13, 2010
I started with a metal tray I got at a thrift store on half-price day for 25 cents.
Cute ain't it? Ummm....no. So, I took my handy dandy Mod Podge, some craft paper, and riboon...and turned it into this!
Sorry about the poor picture quality, my camera was full at the time so I took these on my phone's camera. I took some clear stones and Mod Podged some matching paper with the initials of my s-i-l, her hubby, and her two little boys on them, added magnets to the backs, and stuck 'em to the board. I was worried about the crinkle-ly looking corners, but I think they add to finished look. This was super easy, super cute, and my sis loved it!
I linked up to:
Thursday, February 11, 2010
1. My husband, Brad, is my very best friend and I have never had so much fun with anyone else..ever! We were married on October 25, 2008. We started dating in September of 2007, were engaged in May 2008, and married 5 months later! Reading this, it sounds like it happened so quickly, but I can't imagine it any other way! Here are a few pics from our big day:
2. People think we look waaaay younger (okay, maybe not waaay younger) than we are! I just turned 24 this past week and Brad, being exactly 3 years and 11 months older to the day, will be 28 next month. We get our ID's checked way too often and it gets old hearing "You'll appreciate it when you're older!" Hopefully they're right!
3. My parents are antique dealers. This means that every road trip as a child was littered with stops at antique shops, flea markets, and Goodwill. I'm pretty sure my dad has never seen a garage sale and not stopped. I used to think it took 13 hours to get to my grandparents' house; turns out it only takes 9 if you don't stop at all those antique shops! Now I enjoy going to thrift stores and garage sales with good old dad. If you want to see what a thrifty antique dealer's garage looks like I could show you a picture (but my mom would kill me!)
4. I was born and raised in Rochester, MN and now live 2 hours west, still in MN. This means that, sadly, our garage sale season is very short! I really extremely dislike the cold and snow is nice for awhile, but so far this year my car has been stuck seven times! That's a lot of shoveling under the tires.
5. Brad bought a sweet (extremely hyper) Boston Terrier puppy a few months before we started dating. I adopted a naughty (but sweet) Miniature Pinscher from a shelter one month before we started dating. So now we have two hyper, naughty, but sweet dogs that live with us. The Boston is Deuce (it was his second dog) and I named the minpin Morneau after the greatest baseball player of all time, the Minnesota Twin's firstbaseman Justin Morneau.The boys:
They are our 'children' for now, but we can't wait to start a family (in a couple of years).
6. We will have lived in our home for one year on April 1. We got a steal of a deal on it (thank you economy and insider information on how desperate the seller was). We love it and I have so much fun planning on what to do in every room! This is the front the day we moved in, the garage comes off of the right side.
7. Finally, few more things I love/enjoy/or can't live without: our families, good friends, country music, the Minnesota Twins, a Mountain Dew in the morning, going to my parents cabin, fishing, and boating, hiking and biking with Brad, watermelon, pretending/trying to be organized, warm weather, and of course, crafting and decorating!
Can't wait to start sharing with all of you!