Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cute Magnetic Board

It was recently my sis-in-law's 30th birthday. We are into being frugal, so I made her a magnetic board with personalized magnets. The total cost for this was probably less than $2!

I started with a metal tray I got at a thrift store on half-price day for 25 cents.



Cute ain't it? Ummm....no. So, I took my handy dandy Mod Podge, some craft paper, and riboon...and turned it into this!
Sorry about the poor picture quality, my camera was full at the time so I took these on my phone's camera. I took some clear stones and Mod Podged some matching paper with the initials of my s-i-l, her hubby, and her two little boys on them, added magnets to the backs, and stuck 'em to the board. I was worried about the crinkle-ly looking corners, but I think they add to finished look. This was super easy, super cute, and my sis loved it!


I linked up to:
Trendy Treehouse

Get your craft on Thurs.



7 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! Your going to love it! Love the tray! You should link it up to some of the parties this week! That is really a great way to get out there and meet people. Also - try out SITS (http://www.thesitsgirls.com/) it is a great community to get started with when your new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just adorable! I love the colors that you used, the shape and the pattern. Really really fantastic!

    Thanks so much for linking up to my party!!!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your second post, wow! Welcome to the blogging world, best of luck! You might want to join SITS, too. http://www.thesitsgirls.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great project...

    Welcome to blogland!!!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thurs. at Life As Lori

    Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your 1st follower!!! Again welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that tray...Was it tricky getting the paper up on the curve without it bubbling up???

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! You did a really nice job and I love the colors you chose. Thanks for stopping by Our Journey and commenting on our "Book of Love"!

    ReplyDelete